2017 Cottage Grove Parks & Recreation December Year-End Newsletter
As 2017 comes to a close, we want to thank everyone for participating and supporting the programs and events run through the Village of Cottage Grove Parks & Recreation Department. It has been a great year with new programs, a trip to Lambeau Field and working with great volunteers in our community.
With the end of the year being a busy time, we want to remind you of some upcoming programs and deadlines.
- 2nd Grade Basketball has limited spots available - call Parks & Rec to sign up today.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade basketball also have spots available - Registration Deadline extended until December 29.
- Start Smart Winter Basketball: Thursday evenings, January 4 - February 22, from 6:00-6:45pm at Taylor Prairie Gym. Registration Deadline has been extended to December 27.
- Zumba - Session 2, Adult Fitness Class: Saturday mornings, January 6 - February 10, from 9:00-10:00am at the Municipal Services Building (enter in back of building through blue door). Registration Deadline is January 3.
- GDS Afterschool Glass Fusing Class: Tuesdays, 1/9, 1/23, 1/30 and 2/6, from 3:30-4:30pm in GDS Community Room (no class on 1/16 as previously stated in the program guide). Registration Deadline is January 2.
- GDS Afterschool Art Club - Session 2: Wednesdays, January 10 - March 21, from 3:30-5:30pm in the GDS Art Room. Registration Deadline is January 5.
- Cascade Mountain Ski/Snowboard Trip: Monday, January 15 from 8:00am-5:30pm (meet at GDS School). Registration Deadline is January 10.
- 3rd/4th Grade CG Youth Volleyball - Winter Session: Tuesday evenings, February 6 - March 20, from 5:30-6:30pm at Taylor Prairie Gym. Registration Deadline is January 30.
- 5th/6th Grade CG Youth Volleyball - Medal League: Practices on Tuesday evenings, 6:45-7:45pm at Taylor Prairie Gym, games on Sunday afternoons at various locations. Registration Deadline is January 26.
Some other reminders:
- There are no programs/classes the week December 25-29 and no adult fitness classes the week of January 1-5.
- Adult Open Gym at Glacial Drumlin School will resume on Wednesday, January 3, with women from 6:30-7:30pm and men at 7:30-9:30pm.
The Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation want to wish everyone safe and Happy Holidays!
Please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 839-8968 with any questions.