Village of Cottage Grove Parks & Recreation Department
February 2018 Newsletter
2018 is here and well underway. February is a transition month as we continue our winter programs, while looking ahead to our spring programming. Watch your mail for the Spring/Summer Resource Guide which will come out on February 22 in the free issue of the Herald-Independent newspaper. Some programs start earlier than others, so continue to check out our spring/summer program deadlines.
Check below for some upcoming news and deadlines:
• No more transaction fees! Beginning on February 22, there will no longer be transaction fees for online registrations.
• Your feedback is important! The Village of Cottage Grove is now utilizing a civic engagement platform called POLCO to get feedback/thoughts/ideas from the public on items related to the Village. To access Polco visit: polco.us/cottagegrove.
• February 22. The Spring/Summer Resource Guide comes out and registration opens for Spring/Summer programs on Thursday, February 22.
• GDS Afterschool Club - Mindfulness & Movement: Wednesdays, February 7 - March 14, from 3:30 - 4:30 pm in the GDS Community Room. Registration Deadline is Friday, February 2 (in person) and February 4 (online). Minimum requirement to run the class is 6 participants.
• GDS Afterschool Club - Coding & Maker Club: Wednesdays, February 14 - April 25, from 3:30 - 4:15pm in GDS Room B116. Registration Deadline is February 9.
• GDS Ski/Snowboard Club - Trips #2 & #3: Trip #2 is to Devil's Head on February 9 (3:30 - 11:00 pm). Registration Deadline is February 7 at noon. Trip #3 is to Cascade Mountain on February 23 (3:30 - 10:45 pm). Registration Deadline for Trip #3 is February 21 at noon.
To register for programs online, click HERE. Please remember that transaction fees will continue to be assessed for online registrations until February 22.
Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 839-8968 with any questions.