Village of Cottage Grove Parks
& Recreation Department
March 2018 Newsletter
Who’s ready for SPRING?! The Parks & Recreation staff is more than ready to begin facilitating programs outside! Have you checked out the Spring/Summer 2018 Resource Guide yet? Don’t miss out on the NEW adult and youth programs with deadlines approaching!
- Spring/Summer 2018 Resource Guide is hot off the press! Registration is now open and there are no longer transaction fees. Check out the guide HERE.
- Cottage Grove Fitness Facebook Group! Make sure to JOIN our new group to stay updated with fitness classes, cancellations, and keep you motivated throughout your healthy endeavor!
- Google Calendar on the Website. Starting with Spring programs, you’ll be able to see a daily calendar of basic information of all the programs going on, class cancellations and reschedule dates. A great source to refer to about any program!
- Spring Employment Opportunities! - Start Smart Helpers (begins March 27) - Group Fitness Instructors - Summer Playground Camp Leader/Staff. Please refer to the Jobs section on the website and fill out an application.
- New Ideas! If you have a hidden talent and would like to teach a class to the community (ex: adult art classes, line dancing, etc.) please email Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9th Annual Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday, March 24th at 10:00 a.m. SHARP held at Northlawn Park. Please bring your basket and camera for pictures with the Easter Bunny!
- Ridge Road Relics: Pebble Art Project: Monday, March 5 from 6:00-9:00 p.m. at Municipal Services Building (front room).$37. Registration deadline: Sunday, March 4.
- Boot Camp *New* Saturday Mornings: Saturday, March 17 & 24 from 9:30-10:15 a.m. Full body workout that might include TRX, tire flipping, bosu balls and weights. Located at 230 Progress Dr (around back NEXT TO blue door). $15 for BOTH or $10 EACH date.
- Fitness Classes Spring Sessions: Begin the week of March 12. Register ahead of time to secure a spot! Classes include: P90X, Cardio/Strength/Core, Boot Camp, Yoga, Zumba and Staying Fit & Strong.
- Love Your Camera 101: At Municipal Services Building (front room) Sess 1: Mondays (4/16 & 4/23) from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Sess 2: Saturdays (4/21 & 4/28) from 10:00 a.m.-Noon. Registration deadline: April 6th. Limited spots available.
8th Grade Badgerland Teener Baseball League: Registration deadline: March 4 Online. Begins May 21-July 26. Please check the website for more info.
*NEW* Battledarts: Nerf battles are taken to the next level with inflatable "bunkers," organized games, and all supplies provided. Tuesday, April 10 from 6:00-7:00 p.m. at 230 Progress Dr. Registration deadline: April 6.
ESYBL Baseball League: Begins 5/12-7/26 for 5th & 6th grades. Registration deadline: April 1 Online. Please check the website for more info.
*All Baseball & Softball registration deadlines are approaching. Please register in advance to secure your spot!*
To register for programs online, click HERE.
Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 608-839-8968 with any questions.