The spring weather is approaching and so are deadlines! Many new evening fitness classes added, we are hiring for summer positions, and it’s almost time to learn how to go fishing!
- HIRING! Please email Brooke for more information and applications if interested. Applications due April 8th: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Playground Camp Counselors! Have a fun summer with campers! Assist and lead activities for ages 4-13 with crafts, sports, field trips, water days and more. June 10-Aug 9 M-F 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Softball/Baseball Umpires! Games will vary Monday-Thursday evenings from May-Aug.
- SPECIAL EVENTS!
- Easter Egg Hunt! 10th Annual Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday, April 13 at 10:00 a.m. sharp at Northlawn Park! FREE.
- MLB Pitch, Hit & Run Competition! Sat, May 4 for ages 7-14. Boys at 9:30-10:30 am and Girls at 10:30-11:30 am. Located at Fireman’s Park. FREE. Participants must register online at www.pitchhitrun.com.
- Learn 2 Ride! Sat, May 4 at 9:00-10:30 am for ages 4-12 Located at Northlawn Park. $25; includes helmet. Registration deadline is April 14.
- February Fitness Classes: All classes located at 210 Progress Dr. and begin week of April 29. Register one week in advance so we know if classes will run or not ahead of time.
- Morning Classes
- *NEW Bootcamp Trio on M 5:30-6:00 am & W/F 5:30-6:15 am (4/29-6/7)
- Cardio/Strength/Core on T/Th from 5:30-6:15 am (4/30-6/6)
- Zumba on Saturdays from 9:00-10:00 am (5/4-6/8)
- Lunch Time Class
- Pilates/Barre on T/Th from 12:00-12:45 pm (4/30-6/6)
- Staying Fit & Strong (ages 55+) on M/W/F from 1:30-2:15 pm (4/29-6/7)
- Evening Classes
- Strength & Abs to Tighten & Tone on M/W from 5:15-6:00 pm (4/29-6/5)
- *NEW Total Body Challenge on M from 6:15-7:15 pm (4/29-6/10)
- Active Adult Strength on T/Th from 4:15-5:00 pm (4/30-6/6)
- *NEW Tabata on Tues from 5:30-6:00 pm (4/30-6/4)
- *NEW P90X Live on Tues from 6:15-7:00 pm (4/30-6/4)
- *NEW Core 101 on Wed from 7:00-7:30 pm (5/1-6/6)
- Yoga Flow on Thursdays from 5:30-6:15 pm (5/2-6/6)
- *NEW Cardio/Strength/Core on Thurs from 6:30-7:30 pm (5/2-6/6)
- Morning Classes
- Couch to 5K for HOT2TROT: 4/22-6/13 on Mon/Thur beginning at 5:30 p.m. More info HERE. Register by April 14. HOT2TROT race day is June 15th. Cost is $60/8 wks.
- NEW Intro to Photoshop: Mon, April 8 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at 210 Progress Dr. Cost is $30. Register by April 7th. (limited to 10 spots).
- Group Golf Lessons: Beginner, intermediate and advance lessons available. All lessons begin the week of 4/13 and are held at The Oaks with Brent Mann, director of instruction. More info HERE.
- Ladies Clinic, Golf & Wine: Sess 1: Sun, 4/14-5/19 at 5:30-6:15 pm & Sess 2: Wed, 4/17-5/22 at 6:00-6:45 p.m. at The Oaks with Brent Mann. Cost is $160 session. Register by THIS FRIDAY.
- NEW Adult Themed Cooking – Mexican: Tue, April 30 at 6:00-8:00 pm with Claire Doelger. $40; all ingredients included. Located at Cook’s Kitchen. Register by April 23.
- Paint & Sip “Sweetheart Wreath”: Thurs, May 2 at 6:00-8:30 pm. $35. Located at Doubledays. Step-by-step Direction – anyone can do it! Register by April 25.
- Ridge Road Relics “Welcome Sign”: Tue, May 7 at 6:00-9:00 pm. $40. Located at Doubledays. Register by April 30.
- Register by this Friday! Engineering For Kids Programs:
- STEM Club: Inventors Workshop: Grades K-1st on Thurs, 4/11-5/16 at 2:40-3:45 p.m. at Taylor Prairie Step Room. Cost is $115. Register by 4/5.
- Apprentice STEM Club: Inventors Workshop: Grades 2nd-4th on Thurs, 4/11-5/16 at 2:40-4:00 p.m. at Cottage Grove Cafeteria. Cost is $135. Register by 4/5.
- NEW Basic Jewelry Making: Thurs, April 11 at 6:00-8:00 p.m. at 210 Progress Dr. Ages 7+. Cost is $25. Register by THIS THURSDAY.
- Glass Fusing: Thurs, April 18 & 25 from 3:30-4:30 pm at Glacial Drumlin School for grades 5th-8th. $25. Register by April 11.
- NEW Let’s Go Fishing!: Sat, May 11 at 8:00am-Noon at Schluter Beach, Monona. Ages 8-15. Cost is $25. Register by May 3.
- Sports – deadlines approaching! More info HERE.
- Rookie Baseball: Mon/Wed 6/3-7/24 evenings for grades 3rd-4th. Register by April 14.
- Start Smart Soccer: Mon/Wed 6/17-7/17 Ages 3-4 at 5:15-6:00 pm and Ages 4-5 at 6:15-7:00 pm. Register by April 21.
- Junior Golf Lessons (beginner and experienced) begin week of April 13.
- Legion Baseball: Mon-Sun from 6/3-7/28 for grades 9th-11th. Register by May 5.
- Kindergarten Tee Ball League: Tues 6/4-7/23 evenings for Kindergarten only. Register by May 12.
- Coach Pitch League: Thur 6/6-7/25 evenings for grades 1st-2nd. Register by May 12.
- NEW Youth Flag Rugby: Mon/Wed 6/17-7/31 from 6:00-7:15 pm. Grades 3rd-8th. Register by June 9.
To register for programs online, click HERE.
Please contact the Village of Cottage Grove Parks and Recreation Department at 608-839-8968 with any questions.