Village of Cottage Grove Parks & Recreation Department
August 2018 Newsletter
August 9 is the big day! The Fall/Winter Guide comes to your door step with new programs ahead! Read below what’s coming up soon and a sneak peek of what’s to come.
- Fall/Winter Guide! Keep an eye out on Thurs, August 9 in the center fold of the Herald Independent for your copy! Online and in-person registrations will open on Aug 9.
- 11 PACKERS Family Night Tickets Left! This Saturday, Aug 4 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. $10/each (cash or check only). Watch the packers practice & stay for the firework show after. Stop by the Parks & Rec office to purchase your tickets.
- Music In The Grove: Mark your calendars for Aug 2: O’Darby, Aug 16: Char & Bob and Aug 30: Gin, Chocolate & Bottle Rockets at Dublin Park.
- Zombie 5K Run/Walk: Sat, Oct 20 beginning at Northlawn Park – Little Zombie’s Kid Run (12 & under) 8:30 a.m. for $20. 5K Run/Walk (13+) 9:00 a.m. for $25. Included in registration: T-shirt, water and snack. Register early to guarantee a T-shirt!
- New sessions of Fitness Classes begin soon! All classes located at 210 Progress Dr.
- Strength & Abs to Tighten & Tone Sess 2 on M/W from 5:30-6:15 pm (8/6-8/29)
- Circuit Training on Mondays from 6:30-7:30 pm (8/6-8/27)
- P90X on M/W/F from 5:30-6:15 am (8/13-9/19)
- Cardio/Strength/Core on T/Th from 5:30-6:15 am (8/14-9/20)
- Boot Camp on Fridays from 6:15-7:00 am (8/17-9/21)
- Zumba on Saturdays from 9:00-10:00 am (8/18-9/22)
- NEW! Women & Wine: Golf lessons at The Oaks - 45-minute golf clinic, twilight golf until dark and complimentary beverage included. First session: Tuesdays, 8/14-9/11 at 6:00 p.m. taught by Brent Mann, Director of Instruction. $150/person. Register asap!
- Paint & Sip – Flip Flops in the Sand: Thursday, August 23 from 6:00-8:30 pm at 1855 Saloon and Grill (218 S Main St, Cottage Grove). $35. Limited space available - Make sure to reserve your spot!
- NEW! Stepping on Falls Prevention Program for ages 66+: Do you know someone who’s afraid of falling? This program builds confidence, reduces falls, and prevents hospital visits. Tuesdays, 10/2-11/13 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. at 210 Progress Dr. with Ron Dorr. $35 for the 7 Week Course. Limited to 15.
- Rookie NFL Flag Football: Grades K-1st (2018-19) on Mon/Wed, 8/27-10/17 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. at Northlawn Park $45 Village Res/$65 Non-Res – Register by Aug 12
- Junior NFL Flag Football: Grades 2nd-3rd (2018-19) on Tue/Thur, 8/28-10/18 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. at Northlawn Park $45 Village Res/$65 Non-Res – Register by Aug 12
Sneak peek for NEW Fall/Winter classes: Youth art classes, youth & adult cooking classes, adult evening & lunch time fitness classes, and women’s self-defense…to name a few! Keep an eye out for the fall/winter guide on August 9th!
To register for programs online, click HERE.